12.20.2009

... and even more ...

Cheshirecat on DavidsonCats.com:

What I loved:

Feeling closer to my Davidson brethren than ever before as we chanted “We Believe!” in the latter stages of the Kansas game.

Seeing the Georgetown game with my dad next to me in the student section (you’d have to know us, but that was one of the best days of my life).

Realizing that my cries of jubilation were silent after my voice disappeared in the wake of the Gonzaga win.

Watching perhaps the most well-grounded student athlete in the country constantly deflect praise onto his oft-overlooked teammates.

That the actions of a few classy young men were able to engender goodwill and joy across a community.

That the toll takers on the West Virginia Turnpike congratulated us on our run.

That the team exuded confidence, but never cockiness.

That we went for the win.

That I cared enough to sob uncontrollably after J-Rich missed.

And finally, that I really believe that these feelings could never be reproduced anywhere else.

Who is Cheshirecat?

No comments:

Post a Comment