11.03.2009

Dec. 8, 2007

Me on DavidsonCats.com:

So: Beat the Citadel, and by a lot to a little, just because. Then go to Raleigh and win. Then get into the thick of league play, and win a game, and then win another, and then another after that, and keep doing it, and keep doing it until Charleston, and then IN Charleston. Because it’s always about the first week of March. It always has been.

Then: We can all start to think about The Next Step, which, remember, happens on CBS in March, not WGN in December.

And: Enjoy it along the way. Enjoy Steph because he really is a joy to watch. Enjoy Jason because every game he plays is one game closer to his last as a Wildcat. No more gnashing of the teeth over the fact that we came up short, but not by much, against THREE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

Chill out.

Settle in.

It’s time to be the bully. Beat the bejesus out of the Southern Conference. I don’t know about you guys but I’m rooting for bloody noses.

But before moving on, before preparing for Thursday night’s laptop listen to the Citadel game, it should be said that a nonetheless good time was had in Anaheim, albeit quick, too quick, out and back. Saw some good people. Saw some good people I hadn’t seen in a good long while. Saw Nick Booker, saw Dick Snyder, saw Quinn Harwood give his son noogies. Saw some Davidson banners in Southern California. I like it when I see Davidson stuff in faraway places. I know where it came from.

Comments?

1 comment:

  1. "Enjoy it along the way."
    It feels like it sometimes, but I know it wasn't fated. I know it. I am very aware. I watched it all happen with my own eyes. And I love looking back at these words, after so much more has happened, and remembering the before.

    ReplyDelete