10.21.2009

With a little help

Lots of interesting things in here -- Cory Doctorow in Publishers Weekly on his latest project -- but for now let’s zero in on this:

Since the publication of Little Brother in spring 2008, I’ve run a donation program for my books wherein I ask librarians, teachers and people who work in other “worthy” institutions (halfway houses, shelters, hospitals, etc.) to put their names down for free copies. I publish this list online and mention it in the introductions to all the digital copies of the works. Public-spirited readers who want to donate a copy go to the list, pick and then order a copy for them from their favorite bookseller, electronic or physical. They send me the receipt and I cross off the names.

We could do something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment