10.28.2009

Kevin Cary on Stephen

On DavidsonCats.com:

I just wanted to post something about Stephen Curry's NBA debut tonight.

I remember watching Curry in that first Red-Black scrimmage in October 2006, and he was clearly the best player on the court. But no one had any thoughts about the NBA then.

I remember discussions in the Observer newsroom early in his sophomore year, when fellow reporters chuckled at the mere mention of Curry and the NBA. I blogged about it -- saying he had a chance -- and the comments went from “You're crazy” to “You should do something else for a living.”

But in March of 2008, all those opinions faded away. We watched Curry make two Gonzaga defenders collide in the open court, split two Georgetown defenders for a critical 3-pointer, and then make the “Flyby” and “Spiderman” shots against Wisconsin.

I knew. You all knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment